Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Goodbye Childhood...

Looking towards the sunset, I wish to be a child again;
I want that time back, when there were no barriers.

No barriers to my dreams, no barriers to joy;
No responsibilities to restrict my forwarded steps.

I miss those crayons,
with which I used to paint the rainbow;
I miss those sleepers,
wearing which I danced in the rain.














I miss that bicycle,
whose bell I used to ring throughout the way;
I miss that guava tree,
which never let me feel the sun in summer.

I miss that colorful kite,
for which I ran on the roads recklessly;
I miss that school dress,
which witnessed many oil and ink stains.

I miss that excitement of getting small things;
when losing big things even didn't bother me.

I miss that innocent heart,
which allowed me to make friends;
non diplomatic attitude,
when castes and cream didn't matter.

I miss those child like excuses,
which made others giggle on my childish deeds;
I miss those scoldings from elders,
which always made me feel,'let me grow up n I'll show you'.

I miss those moments,
but I know they'll never come again;
I can just cherish those memories,
which bring some crying smiles n laughing tears.

What I can do is only,
learn from the mistakes of childhood;
I say goodbye to the setting sun,
and hope to see a brighter sunrise of life...

___________________________________________________________________
Inspired from the ad jingle- "Bachpan ke din khel le, kal to fir bada hai banna".
Dedicated to- our good ol childhood.

6 comments:

Small Hacks said...

very nice poem..

Parag said...

crying laughs and smiling tears.....very true!!!!

Unknown said...

it was not compilation of quotes, but a analyzed view on the lack of abilities of some of the finest brain to be patient.
since you never read the article and following debate in comments and just commented on it by seeing it, I rfejected your comment!

anyways nice poem!

mahima said...

nicely written.......touching.bahut yaad aayenge woh bachpan ke din

Matangi Mawley said...

very well written.. who doesnt miss childhood, after all?

I miss those child like excuses,
which made others giggle on my childish deeds;

liked these lines..

Gagan said...

very nice !!